Senior Speech & Language Therapist
Get to know our team
Having emigrated from China at an early age, Shirley shares similar experiences of communication difficulties with the children that she serves. Being passionate about inclusion and neurodiversity, an avid traveler, and fluent in Chinese (Cantonese & Mandarin) and conversational in Japanese, she feels determined to give back to the global community as a multilingual speech-language pathologist.
Shirley received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from University of California, San Diego and Master of Science degree in Speech-Language Pathology from California State University, East Bay. She is a certified member of the American Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA) and the California Speech-Language Pathology & Audiology & Hearing Dispensers Board.
She specializes in bilingual diagnostic evaluations and therapy treatments with children ranging in ages from 1-11 years old. She works with a diverse client group with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Down syndrome, cognitive impairments, developmental delays, learning disabilities, Childhood Apraxia of Speech, fluency disorders, language disorders, articulation and phonological disorders.
Additional trainings include:
- Hanen Certified with “It Takes Two to Talk” – providing parents and caregivers with core strategies to create rich and language-stimulating environments for their children
- Dynamic Temporal and Tactile Cueing (DTTC) – Evidence-based treatment for Childhood – Apraxia of Speech (CAS)
- Prompts for Restructuring Oral Muscular Phonetic Targets (PROMPT) Technique
- DIR Floortime
- Gestalt Language Processing/Natural Language Acquisition from Meaningfulspeech.com –
- Assess and support gestalt language learners and echolalia
- AEIOU: An Integrated Approach to Pediatric Feeding.
Aside from helping families and children, she travels the world with her partner and solo! She has been to 33 countries and can’t wait for more!
If you’d like to learn more about our services, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We will support you in making the right decision.
Want to be the first to be notified for our upcoming events?
Sign up to our newsletter to get educational content, updates & news for any of our upcoming events.